These homemade chewy sesame seed bars are a healthy snack recipe that can be made in about 10-minutes!
Ingredients for 10 chewy sesame bars:
- 1 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 large tablespoons of coconut oil
Make sure that the seeds smell fresh and are not rancid, especially the sunflower seeds.
Temporarily store the bars in a refrigerator, to keep them together as they thaw before serving, otherwise, the coconut oil will melt and they will come apart easily. They will come apart
If storing the bars long term, keep them in the freezer, in zip-locking bags to prevent freezer burn.
How to make Chewy Sesame Bars
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Heat the honey, sesame paste, and peanut butter in a pan on medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes until melted and you smell that they are done.
- Mix until smooth then add to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- With a large wooden spoon or spatula, mix all the ingredients until combined all the seeds and nuts are coated with the liquid mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a large half baking pan. and firmly pack down with your fingers (coated with cooking spray). Another method is placing a second piece of parchment paper over the bars and using a rolling pin to flatten them. Remove the parchment paper before placing in the fridge. Set in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until fully cooled and firm. Remove from the
- Cover with wax paper and firmly pack down with a rolling pin.
- Set in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until fully cooled and firm.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into desired portions.